04 August 2010

Wooden air engine

 Looking for a self made horizontal mortising machine I found one (multi slot mortising machine) on Matthias Wandel website and also many other technical projects.  The wooden air engine based on a standard steam engine (here an animated presentation) looked very interesting and I am not the first to find it, as he got already over 500.000 views on YouTube.



As a ten year old it was on my wish list,  so it could be time to realise that wish.  To make it more probable to implement it I can best keep the engine as simple as possible.  Searching my memories and the internet I found the oscillating cylinder steam engine (animated version here),  reducing the engine to 3 moving parts.  I should get some wood and try to implement it as an alternative to the wooden air engine.